January is the perfect time to look ahead at the fresh New Year and identify the goals you’d like to achieve and the life you’d like to design.
This post is NOT about setting your business goals but rather looking at what empowers you to reach your 2018 goals.
As you become clear on what you want ‘to do,’ the question then becomes who will you need ‘to be’ to carry out your plan?
With that in mind, I’d like you to consider Five Resolutions that, when put into practice, can help you confidently step into your greatness.
1) Embrace Personal Development: I encourage you to regularly focus on yourself and not just on your job or your business. I’ve heard it said that “success begins at the end of your comfort zone.” A daily practice of personal development can help give you the courage to step across that boundary and embrace life on your terms. I am wonderfully inspired by this challenge every day and I wish the same for you.
2) Strike a Healthy Balance: You have nothing without your health! It would be pretty silly to ultimately reach your personal and financial goals only to be too sick, tired, overweight or medicated to enjoy them. Make fitness and healthy eating a priority and a lifestyle. You deserve it!
3) Rekindle your Passion: Take some time and journal the top ten things you love about your business, your products and your company. Make note of all the ways a successful business will change your life, your family’s life, and your lifestyle. It’s empowering to rekindle the passion for your business and reignite your dreams.
4) Identify your Support Group: Take a good, hard look at who you hang out with, who you brainstorm with, who you confide in and who you depend on. Do everything you can to surround yourself with people who support you unconditionally, are honest and trustworthy and are committed to your dream. Purposely choose your posse … and ride with them as often as possible.
5) Find the Joy: Take time every day to identify and celebrate everything that IS working in your life and in your business. Consider creating a gratitude list every morning so that rather than focusing on what isn’t working in your life, you can zero in on all the things that are working. Gratitude offers you a new perspective and will help you tackle any challenge that comes your way.
I am inspired by a quote from Marianne Williamson where she says, “You must learn a new way to think, before you can master a new way to be.”
My wish for you is that by embracing these Five Resolutions … by learning a new way to think … 2018 unfolds as the year where your dreams become reality!