When you picture your business in December, do you see its possibilities or more of its pitfalls? Do you feel confident or uncertain?
Like every cycle of the season, December offers both benefits and distractions that can enhance or adversely affect your business. Your experience will depend on your attitude, discipline and action!
I see December as an opportunity … and challenge you to do the same.
Over the next 30 days, you have the opportunity to experience the month on your terms. Especially if you are working your business in precious, part-time hours, it’s what you do in those hours that will set you up for the New Year.
In support of a fun and productive month, I offer you five seasonal tips that when put into practice can help you find the joy as you build your business this month.
1) Commit to a Sprint! Now is not the time to slow down your pace. Now is not the time to pre-judge, have a chicken list, or take a rest after a busy year. Now is the time for short-term massive action. You can control the pace of your business by the number of new people you talk to … and how fast you talk to them. “Run, Forest, Run!”
2) LEAD with the BUSINESS and follow through with your product or service. This is not a time for a singular ‘product’ focus. The fact that we are in the midst of the retail season, you will easily and joyfully sell your products or service. Master a BALANCED message and offer the gift of your business with the same enthusiasm as you offer your products or service. People deserve the opportunity to learn about your business NOW!
3) Master the objection response for, “I’ll wait until after the holidays.” Share the proven benefits your prospects will receive when they start their business now in December:
∼ They can capture seasonal retail sales.
∼ They will have a solution for their friends’ New Year’s Resolutions to “look better, feel better and make more money.”
∼ They will hit the ground running in January rather than missing that critical window.
∼ It’s simply a better business decision to start now!
4) Focus on the Fundamentals. Your company has a proven business system in place and now is the time to put it into practice. The foundation for unlimited possibilities and achievement will always be the fundamentals. Work with your Sponsor or upline leader and confirm that you are ‘on system!’ NOW is the time to ‘surrender to the system!’
5) Commit to a daily practice of personal development. Wait, what? You heard me! Take the time to work on your mindset! We can teach you how to build a successful business, yet if your mind is full of doubt, self-limiting beliefs and fear … then what’s the point? Commit to 15 to 30 minutes every day to focus on your unlimited possibilities. Strengthen your mindset, and anything is possible!
Over the next 30 days, you have the opportunity to end your business year on a purposeful and successful note and enter the New Year with confidence, commitment, vision … and a full appointment book.
When it comes to your business, follow these five tips and give yourself the gifts of consistency, discipline, joy and action. You can dive into December on your terms. And why not? You deserve it!